World's Fair Park
954 World's Fair Park Drive
Knoxville, TN US 37916
2023 Race Day Schedule
Sunday, Nov 5, 2023 - World's Fair Park
Registration 1 - 2:30 p.m.
Survivor March & Photo 2 p.m.
Tribute to Survivors 2:15 p.m.
Race Start Time 3 p.m.
Click here to view 5K course
Join us Sunday, November 5, 2023
Survivor Ceremony 2:00 p.m. | Race Start 3:00 p.m.
World's Fair Park, Knoxville, TN
The Race Against Cancer is a walk and run that raises funds for the patients and families of Thompson Cancer Survival Center. Since its inception 29 years ago, the race has raised more than $7.4 million for cancer education and care in East Tennessee. Thanks to Race Against Cancer supporters and participants, thousands of medically underserved individuals have received life-saving screenings and cancer care. Most importantly proceeds raised by the race go to fight cancer within our local community.
Adult Registration $35
Youth (18 and under) $15
Your Support Makes a Difference
"Thompson Cancer Survival Center was created to provide the best in cancer care for the people of Southern Appalachia. Our mission is to increase the number of cancer survivors in the communities we serve. Every day our physicians and staff strive to do just that by offering the latest in clinical research and the most advanced cancer treatments available.”
Scott Warwick, President and Chief Administrative Officer, Thompson Cancer Survival Center.
Thompson Cancer Survival Center Mission Statement:
We are more than a cancer center. We are a cancer survival center, committed to our community and determined to deliver the most advance care available with integrity, compassion and the patient at the center of everything we do.
About Thompson Cancer Survival Center
The Thompson Cancer Survival Center Foundation was established in 1994 to provide ongoing support of the treatment efforts at the cancer center. Since that time, hundreds of generous individuals, companies and others continue to give to the Foundation in support of Thompson Cancer Survival Center. These gifts ensure leading-edge cancer treatment, clinical trials and technology advancements as well as services such as early detection; education and direct patient support are available and accessible to all people throughout our region regardless of their ability to pay. As Thompson Cancer Survival Center continues to serve our community and the region, there are many opportunities for you to help strengthen our programs and services and make a difference in the fight against cancer.
Through prevention, early detection and education, we are saving lives. Come walk or run with us!
Thompson Cancer Survival Center Foundation
280 Fort Sanders West Blvd., Suite 202, Knoxville, TN 37922
Call: 865-531-5210 or Email: RaceAgainstCancer@CovHlth.com for more information
Corporate Paid Race Registrations
Engage your employees in our mission to provide hope and support to local cancer patients in need. Human resource departments might use the race as part of their employee health benefits incentive. Employee engagement fosters camaraderie, increases productivity and instills a strong sense of pride in your workforce. Create friendly competition among various departments or locations, honor those who have been affected by cancer in your organization and remember those who are no longer with us. The race is an incredible way to show your community that your company is a good corporate citizen.
Companies can choose the amount of the registration fee to cover. Companies purchasing bulk registration codes have full flexibility over how much of the registration amount they'd like to cover. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll setup the registration code for your employees!
Pay now OR pay later
Companies can choose to pay at the time of purchase, or choose to pay later by invoice.
How do my employees register?
Once we receive your request we'll setup a discount code that you can share with your employees
- Oct. 15, 2023 Midnite Early Registration Discount Ends: $35 for adults / $15 Youth (18 and under)
- Oct. 16, 2023 12:01 p.m. Regular registration prices take effect price: $40 for adults / $15 Youth (18 and under)
- Oct. 15, 2023 Team registration deadline
- Team Packet Pickup - by appointment. Please call 865-531-5205 or email email@example.com to schedule a time for your team packet pickup.
- Race Packet Pickup:
- Thursday, October 26, 2023 from 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 27, 2023 from 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 28, 2023 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- LOCATION: 1451 Dowell Springs Blvd., Knoxville, TN 37909, directions click here
You may also pickup your packet on race day at the pre-registration tent.
Race Packet Includes: race shirt, race bib, and safety pins
- Nov. 1, 2023 Team photo registration, click here
- Nov. 4, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Online Race Registration Ends
- You will be able to register or pick up your packet on-site after 1:00 p.m. on race day.
- Nov. 5, 2023 RACE DAY!
- Nov. 5, 2023 from 1:00- 2:30 p.m. Race day on-site registration and packet pickup open
When does online registration close?
- Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 10 a.m. online registration closes
You will be able to register on-site the day of the event between 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
What is a team captain?
Team captains motivate and encourage others to join your team. It's a great way to rally your co-workers, friends and family to help in the fight against cancer. The journey begins once you register and culminates during our race day run/walk and celebration. On race day, your hard working team will be rewarded by seeing the survivors impacted by the funds raised by the race. Plus, teams will be recognized in several different categories: Largest Team, Top Fundraising Team and Fastest 5K Team.
If you’ve never been a team captain before or if this is something you do every year, please join us for the 2023 race. Teams have a tremendous impact on helping us reach our fundraising goals - without you our race would not be nearly as successful.
Forming a Team
- The team captain MUST be the first person from their team to register so that they can establish the team for online registration.
- You can register a group of people once you create your team but you’ll need to be prepared to cover the entry fees.
- You MUST HAVE 5 OR MORE PEOPLE to be considered an official team.
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.
Your fundraising dollars make a difference
The funds you and your team raise for the 2023 Race Against Cancer support the patients and families of Thompson Cancer Survival Center right here in East Tennessee. The Center serves patients from 19 counties and beyond: Knox, Blount, Anderson, Union, Grainger, Jefferson, Hamblen, Scott, Campbell, Claiborne, Hancock, Morgan, Cumberland, Roane, Loudon, McMinn, Monroe, Sevier, and Cocke. In its 29-year history, the race has raised more than $7.4 million for cancer education and care. Thanks to the sponsors, teams and individual participant fundraising efforts, we are able to continue these potentially life-saving services and win the race towards survival!
Teams are our largest fundraisers!
If you’ve never been a team captain before or if this is something you do every year, our teams have a tremendous impact on helping us reach our fundraising goals. Without them our race would not be nearly as successful.
Will there be awards given?
- Yes, runners in our top categories will receive Race Trophies to be picked up at the stage. The runner’s names will be called on stage for the categories listed below.
- Age division winners will receive Race Medals (Gold 1st place, Silver 2nd place, Bronze 3rd place), which will be picked up at Awards Tent, located next to the Race Timing Station.
Awards for In-Person Event on November 5, 2023
TOP AWARDS (Trophy):
- Male Overall* - Top three
- Female Overall* - Top three
- Cancer Survivors Male - Top three
- Cancer Survivors Female - Top three
- Masters* (40+) Top Male only
- Masters* (40+) Top Female only
*Overall and Masters winners are not eligible for age division awards.
Male and Female Age Divisions (Medals):
- Ages 0-9
- Ages 10-14
- Ages 15-19
- Ages 20-29
- Ages 30-39
- Ages 40-49
- Ages 50-54
- Ages 55-59
- Ages 60-64
- Ages 65-69
- Ages 70+