Make a difference and race your way!
Our world is a different place now. All of us are working to safely adapt and thrive amid the constraints and guidelines necessary to slow the spread of the coronavirus. We all hope that the end of this pandemic is near as the distribution of the vaccine continues. However, we still continue to see flare ups of the virus as new variants emerge. We hope that you are staying safe and healthy.
In light of these unique circumstances, Morristown Regional Cancer Center has made the decision to offer both traditional and virtual versions of our 5K Run and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk for 2021.
The traditional 5K and 1 Mile fun Run/Walk will be held on December 11, 2021
Using the same downtown course that we have utilized in the past.
We will offer three versions of the Virtual Events:
- 1 mile walk/run anywhere event utilizing any 1 mile route that the participant chooses.
- 5K walk/run anywhere event utilizing any 5K route that the participant chooses.
- 5K run event on a measured and documented course at Panther Creek State Park. Participants must utilize the RaceJoy app on this course to log their time and distance to be eligible for awards.
We hope you will consider joining Morristown Regional Cancer Center in this year's Jingle Run for Hope. With your help we will continue to support the patients and families impacted by cancer in our local community. Thank you for making a difference.
How does our virtual race work?
Between the dates of December 3rd and December 11th, run or walk the virtual course that you chose when you registered. Our event will offer several virtual versions of walk/run events- a 1 mile walk/run anywhere event utilizing any 1 mile route that the participant chooses, two 5K events - one utilizing any 5K route that the participant chooses and one that will utilize a measured and documented 5K course in Panther Creek Park. Each choice will allow use of the RaceJoy application from RunSignup to capture and record time and distance or a participant can record their time for any of the "run anywhere" courses using their Garmin, FitBit, or whatever method they choose and manually submit their time. The RaceJoy app must be utilized to record time and distance for the Panther Creek Course in order to be eligible for awards.
The only requirement for the "run anywhere" events is that the participants complete the walk/run in one session. Participants may utilize the RaceJoy application to record their time and distance or they can manually record and submit their time. We will post the time on the RunSignUp and Total Race Solutions sites. No awards for the "run anywhere" events.
The participants who choose the Walk/Run on the measured course option will be required to walk/run a measured course. We have chosen Panther Creek State Park as our measured virtual course for 2021 (NEW COURSE).
In order to be eligible for awards the certified course, participants must utilize the RaceJoy Application to record their time.
Participants will be able to post their individual results either using the RaceJoy application or manually beginning at 12:00 AM on December 3, 2021 and ending at 11:59 PM on December 11, 2021. Only results captured and posted on the RaceJoy application will be eligible for awards on the certified 5K course.
Virtual Walk /Run Manual results may be posted as follows:
- Visit the Jingle Run For Hope 5K Walk Run at Panther Creek State Park
- Make sure you are logged in.
- Locate the "Results" tab at the top of the menu.
- Click the "Submit Virtual Results" button.
- Next search for your registration either by first and last name or by email address and date of birth.
- Once you have found your registration, select "Submit Virtual Results" and enter your finish time.
- Results may be manually posted until 11:59 PM on December 15th.
We will include RaceJoy utilization for this event to each registered participant as part of the registration fee. Each registered participant will receive detailed instructions on using the RaceJoy application. We have also posted those instructions on this page. The RaceJoy application utilizes a smart phone's gps capability to record distance and time. Instructions for RaceJoy utilization for virtual events are as follows:
Download RaceJoy from the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing or search by name in the search field.
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully. Select the course(s) you plan to complete.
- Enter Your Bib Number for Results: For events offering virtual scored results, enter your bib number provided to you by the race. RaceJoy will then automatically submit your finish data.
- Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy's prompts and adjust settings as needed.
Virtual Race Day:
- Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone.
- Select the course you are about to do.
- For Virtual Courses, Click START MY RACE as you begin your walk/run to start your personal clock. RaceJoy auto detects when you complete the course distance. No need to click Finish.
- Race Redo for Virtual Events: You have the option to redo a course by clicking the redo button. This is only available for virtual events or on-site events with expanded race dates. Warning: Selecting the redo button will clear previous performance data.